четверг, 2 октября 2008 г.

A letter to a friend

Kalinigrad
Russia

September 18th

Dear John,

Thanks for your letter. I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to reply but I’ve been really busy looking for a job and preparing for the classes in my university.
As you know, I’m a fourth year student of the Faculty of Linguistics and Cross-cultural Communication. So you can guess that I’ve been used to everything during these years. I thought so too. However, I was wrong. The expression of my first day of this year in the university was awful. As soon as I made a step on a porch, I started to hate all this stuff again. And it’s not because of I don’t like to study. I do like, you know. But the reason was that nothing had changed. Everything was the same like 3 years ago when I came here the very first time: dirty walls, burning dustbins, muttering crowd of smoking students, traffic jam, plenty of cars, small doors and dangerous ladders where you can come a cropper. It seemed so ugly. No independence, no individuality. I felt disappointed. Moreover, the first class was given by a teacher who seemed to us not very satisfied with the life. She taunted our brains the whole hour and a half, then gave impracticable assignment and left the room. I was able to burst into tears, I didn’t like everything at all, and “everything” didn’t like me. Thanks God things started to get better during the break. I was very glad to see my friends again and to learn their news, to remember our old jokes and to tell them about my vacations. Also I did like one of our new subject – ‘the History of Old English’. So now I’m really interested in studying it very carefully.
Maybe, one day I will discover…mmm…Excuse me, I’m dreaming too much :)
Anyway, what can I say about my first day? I understood only that I wasn’t ready to get new knowledge again. I still wanted to transform people’s boring lives into amusing holiday, to shock the public, to play the fool and do not worry about anything. But life is hard…thus I’m preparing to go through the 9 months of hard work.Well, that’s all about me for now.
And how are you getting on? How did you spend the first day at your university? Was your experience the same as mine or no?

Looking forward to hearing from you,  
                              
Sasha

Комментариев нет: